GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS

Hello, people of the Internet!

Welcome to "McCoy on Movies," the latest who-in-the-world-is-gonna-read-what-this-guy-thinks-about-movies?! blog broadcasting live in cyberspace. Well, if you found this page, the answer I hope is you!

As you can tell from the previous post, this site is dedicated to one thing: Movies (or if you prefer the term, films). What creditability do I have? What creditability do YOU have, mister/miss judgmental?! Well, I DID write reviews for CiN Weekly (which has since been replaced by Metromix Cincinnati) for 5 years (as I did back in college during my days at The News Record, I've been on movie discussions panels ... And have watched too many movies. (Having a lot of spare time will allow for that.)

I view films from a learned point of view, but with a common sense approach to movies. If a comedy is funny, then it's funny - it doesn't have to be high brow. However, if it's insulting, stupid humor (sorry, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry - I don't care how many times Urban Active shows you in the movie projector room, it's not a good movie), then it's getting a bad review. And the same applies to good dramas (No Country for Old Men, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) as it does for bad ones (Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Reservation Road), musicals (Dreamgirls vs. Mamma Mia), animated films (Pixar vs. the field, usually!) and the like.

Be sure to stop back for upcoming release dates, film reviews and whatever else I comes across my mind in terms of the world of cinema!

See you at the movies!

Comments

Popular Posts